My First Mosaic A La Kim


I've been a busy gal down in my sewing room getting ready for a craft/art show in Seward on November 20.

  As I was sorting through some of my old wood spools I realized I had enough green ones to make a Christmas Tree.  I was quite smitten with the little spool tree so thought I'd take some pictures to show you all.  

Then I thought....perfect subject to try another mosaic with using Kim's video tutorial over at the Test Kitchen.  I had to go back and forth a few times from the video to my project, but got it! Her instructions are very clear and concise.

I'll share more projects as I get a chance to photograph them.  If you are from the area...look me up in Seward on the 20th!

9 comments

  1. I love it! I never would have thought of that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you had me at spools... LOVE the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an awesome idea!! I love it. I don't know if I have any green spools but I have lots of spools so I'm going to steal this idea. My mom does a lot of sewing and this would be so cute for her. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
    Your mosaic turned out great too!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the spools and am so glad you are enjoying Kim's tutorials. I so much enjoy looking at your pictures. Hope you have a great show@

    ReplyDelete
  5. toot cute...did you paint them green or were they already???
    love the photo mosaic too !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jill :: Hope to see you in Seward. I'm not participating this time but can't wait to see what goodies are there. If I miss you, good luck! :: lynn ::

    ReplyDelete
  7. two favorites here ..spools of thread AND mosaics..so very pretty jill!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wanna come!!! augh!!! I love that tree!!!

    I can't wait to see what you're up to... I know it's all going to be fantastic!!!

    I really should think about moving... maybe into your trough garden or something...

    ;-D robelyn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...