Junkle Bells In June


Six months have already passed since I started my year long quest to have a new junk tree by this December.  I can tell you that had I not made this public commitment to this project....it would have slid. I am so happy that I did!


It's always about the bits and scraps with me so I gathered up fabric scraps, rick rack, thread, string, and yarn in the color scheme that has developed over the last 6 months.  I began wrapping and tying on my clothespins.


I decided to add tags so I popped open one of my hymnals I cut from to look for Christmas themed words.  "Jesus Loves Me" was the song I opened to. Maybe not a typical Christmas song, but I've always liked the simplicity of it. So all of the tags are from that song.


I wired the tags on and made a hoop to hang them from out of the wire.


My tree is coming along....still need to come up with an idea for the tree itself.  I'd sure like to hear if you have any ideas.

Previous Junkle Bells posts can be found at each of these links:  January, February, March, April, May

Mr. Linky is open below if you'd like to join in this month!  I'll leave it open until Friday.




"Junkle" Bells All Year Round Participants

1. Juicy Lid Ornies@kimmykats

2. prior

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.

8 comments

  1. Love these! Thanks for sharing all your wonderful ideas. It will make for a fun Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great look! I just love seeing all of the covered clothespins hanging together. Since I am a relatively new follower I need to go back and read the other posts and see what Junkle Bells is all about.
    And before I forget....your photos are stunning!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great way of using up all the bits and pieces that are floating about! Thanks for sparking my interest in crafting during this hot/wet summer. Had a great time in my craft room yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another great project! I can't wait to see what you do next!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These would look great on any tree!

    Happy Hunting,
    Teresa
    <)))~~

    ReplyDelete
  6. mmmm, i likey these. that blue with the wood just really gets me goin. love it. and wire? mmmm, yes. lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These will look great on your tree, love song. I may use my shoe rack/bottle tree for a tree, and last year, for a show, is when I did the extreme trimmed tree.

    Great job coming up with this party, for us, but for you, too. You've really made a bunch of cool things. Lezlee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh what a wonderful idea! you tempt me with your inspiration!!
    Totally fab blog, I love your style!
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...